Recipe:4 lbs Fresh hierloom tomatoes
Fresh oregano, rosemary, and thyme
2 cups olive oil
1 Yellow onion
3 Celery stalks
2 Lady finger potatoes
2 cups broth (Chicken or Veggie)
1/3 cup fresh basil
1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the over to 400 F
- Wash and then slice all of the tomatoes and place into a deep 9X9 pan or dish. Cover in 1/2 cup olive oil and sprinkle all the fresh herbs on top except for the fresh basil. Place in the oven for 1/2 an hour.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, slice the carrots, celery, onion, and potatoes. Place into a large pot with the remaining olive oil and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in the broth and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- When the tomatoes are finished place them into the pot and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Blend the soup in a blender or food processor. Like Soulemama, I only have a functioning blnder and it worked just fine. You will just have to process the soup in batches. If you are reserving some soup for freezing (which I highly recommend) then stop here and do not add the basil or cream.
- Return the remaining blended soup to the pot and cook warm. Add the basil and the cream.
- Serve with crusty bread or grilled cheese. It is oh-so delicious!