The Last 30 Days

Hello wonderful readers! It's good to be back in this space. Oh, this quaint, quiet vast space. It may seem like I disappeared and slipped away into a deep-dark cave these last days...or months. It was a quiet time I deeply needed. Time to let my roots uncurl and sink into this new earth we are inhabiting.


But really, I am going to blame my absence on the boxes. You know, when you have clutter everywhere it some how invades your mind too. That's where I have been. In a mineshaft (or maybe, mind-shaft) of mind clutter. Life has just been so boxed in it has some how limited my desire to write in any capacity beyond frantic and, at times, witty remarks via FaceBook. I have felt much like this adorable kitty below, but haven't we all at times?



(Source)


So, what has happened these last 30 days? Here's a recap:

1. Night before we sign our papers I freak out and say, NO! -to the house we had just spent months planning to buy (oh, yes I did!).
2. Demanded wonders and miracles (lot's of praying and a lot's heart-felt words of honesty with myself and others).
3. Watched as my demand of "NO!" was heard across the realm of realtors, sellers loan officers, city managers and police departments. (Squatters had been living in the house next to the one we were planning to buy, and I did NOT want to move there while that was going on).
4. The city and police department spring into action, clear everything (and everyone) out of the house next to ours, pump flooded basements (not mine), clear out rat infested yards (again, not mine but might as well been mine).
5. We sigh, relieved, our neighborhood back to normal. We sign our papers.
6. Work begins on our fixer-upper. New tile, new roof, new gutters, new, new, new...
7. E and I move up to NorCal for some good family bonding for almost 4 weeks while the intensive work is completed.
8. Husband stayed in Bay Area, couch surfing and living more like a squatter himself.
9. We move into our new home and learn we need our heater fixed, our garage needs to be repaired and the list just keeps going. Welcome to home ownership!
10. We settle into our sea of boxes and stive to find our groove, our roots, our steady ground.
11. We beging to unpack mentally....(more on this soon).
12. Somewhere in there E discovers Thomas the Tank Engine (That's all we talk about) and I find a new rhythm. all is well. 


So, there you have it. Our last 30 days in a nutshell...or more like a small card board box. I promise to share actual pics of my new digs soon, as well as return with my usual postings. Thanks for bearing with me through all of this! How have your last 30 days been?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goosshhhh sounds like you have been going through some madness!! Gratz on the new house though. :) :) And yes... sometimes blogging breaks are soooo refreshing and mucho needed. Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...