Daily Rhythm #2-The Art of Making a Bed

Before E and I leave the house each day I always make sure my bed is made. Sometimes I just adjust the sheets and blankets and other days I tediously place pillows and tuck corners in. It all depends on how much time I have alloted myself, really it all depends on how much time E is will to give me.

There is something grounding about making one's bed.  I some how feel less discombobulated when the sheets are covered and the pillows adjusted. I have been this way since I was young. I remember when my mom would tell me to clean my room, so the first thing I would do would be make my bed. Suddenly everything else felt possible in that instant. The room looks more in order, and then my thoughts become clearer. Amazing.


Here's to an orderly and satisfying day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...