Solo Aqui:::Welcoming Spring

Spring is creeping into view around here. It rained, and rained and RAINED last week. Literally thought it would never stop. In a short break between the rain we went for a walk . Just around the corner from my home in an abandoned lot I found this beautiful tree in  full bloom. Every branch was just covered in flowers. It was like it was singing, "Spring is here!" I think the tree was totally showing off!

 The whole tree was covered in stunning purple flowers. I just couldn't pass by without snagging some yummy purple for myself, so rolled up my sleeves (and pants!) and trudged through the very soggy ground to clip a few branches to take home. I think my poor husband had to pretend he didn't know me. Ah-hem. We Came home and placed the branches into two old spice jars. I just couldn't get over the color and the simple loveliness of the branches.
I ended my excursion with some much needed chai tea (see recipe!). Oh so tasty. How are you welcoming spring into your home?

8 comments:

  1. Oh how PRETTY! yes, I can imagine how you'd have to have some of that purple!

    I'm unfortunately welcoming spring with a giant sized box of allergy medicine... but will hopefully enjoy the flowers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marisa, thanks for stopping by my blog! I battled allergies all day yesterday. An unfortunate side affect of welcoming spring. Hope you can enjoy the lovely weather soon (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. It rained here too and I thought I was going to loose my mind! I had to keep telling myself that the water make the flowers bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as I opened your blog I knew I'd like it! You have a lovely style and sensibility. I look forward to reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those branches look so elegant in the jars! I would have done the same too (braved the soggy ground to bring a piece of spring home with me). And chai is my FAVORITE! I drink it almost everyday. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting! Your blog is just lovely and I am your newest follower.

    xo,
    melissa at bubby & bean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind words. You truly warmed my heart. Thank you so much for stopping by and reading! I will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been enjoying walks out with my 11 month old son, showing him all the birdies and flowers and wishing time wasn't passing quite so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pinkie, I know with little ones the time does just pass so quickly. Glad you are able to get out and enjoy the weather.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...