Preserving Those Baby Curls


A few months ago I posted about E's first hair cut. It was an exciting moment, removing those luscious baby locks and revealing the little boy underneath. The only trouble was I literally had a bowl of baby curls sitting on my dresser for three months, very unsure what to do with them. I mean, what do you do with a bunch of baby hair? You can't just throw it away!


It wasn't long before I decided to make a silhouette of E (Silhouettes seem to be all the rage these days), and the idea to put a little lock of his first hair cut along side sort of just naturally blossomed.


I was so pleased with how the picture and hair turned out I made one of these as a Mother's Day gift for my self, and one for my husband's mom, and my mom and I think these will be making an appearance for Father's Day too. I mean, I still have a bowl of baby hair on my dresser (a little goes a long way!)

I have enough to make another for a tutorial too. Yes, perhaps a tutorial is just what is needed. Does that sound interesting?

How have you preserved the baby curls in your life?

4 comments:

  1. What a brillo idea. I too have bits of hair in little plastic bags and now I know what to do with them!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea - I pinned it on Pinterest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I have my kids hair, too. I love this idea Julia! I would need a shadow box for my son's hair. His hair was long, because it was so curly and "pretty". I have a perfectly long single thick spiral curl of his hair in a pony tail.

    He doesn't have any hair now that he's an adult. He keeps his head shaved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comment love! Still loving my creation. Set it on my dresser. Looks so charming.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...