Vegeterarian Sundays:: Eggless Peanut Butter Bread



Happy Mother's Day friends! Since it is Mother's Day I thought I would share a recipe that is tasty to both mothers and their babes. Lately I have been seeking new recipes to try and expand my son's currently limited menu. I thought he might like to have something that seemed more like a "dessert" when in fact, it is a healthy -whole-grain- protein-packed delicious snack!

When my in-laws moved recently they gifted me several cookbooks that they had used with their children I instantly fell in love with This peanut butter bread recipe from Susan Tate Firkaly's cookbook, Into the Mouths of Babes. 

2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flower
1 TBS baking powder
1 TSP salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 TBS oil (I used vegetable)
1/4 cup honey
3/4 cup peanut butter (I used creamy)

Mix dry ingredients together. Set aside. Heat milk until warm. Add honey, oil, peanut butter to milk and stir well. Add liquid mixture into dry ingredients and blend well. Pour intp well-greased pan and bake at 350 F for 40-50 minutes. 
I served the bread warm with mashed banana to my  son, he loved it! I then made a simple chocolate ganache (1/2  65% chocolate bar melted and mixed with 1/4 cup whipping cream, well combined) and spread the ganache over the bread for a tasty dessert for the adults of the family. Truly Divine!

What kinds of foods have you made for your children lately?

3 comments:

  1. Hello Lovely, that recipe looks gorgeous, my mouth is watering. Hubby likes it too. Happy Mothers day to you hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Jo! Hope you are having a very lovely Mother's Day too. Yes, this bread is divine. A total crowd pleaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good, and I love the use of wheat flour in recipes. I try to stay far away from white flour.

    My kiddo's are all grown, but they always get what they want for dessert on their birthday!

    The last food I made my kids was Dutch Oven Chicken yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...