Found Words:: Love Note



There's nothing like leaving a little unexpected love note in an unexpected location...right? Well, the other day, while I was cleaning up E's toys, it dawned on me I hadn't really done anything spontaneous for my husband in a while to tell him how much I care about him. Nothing like what we used to do when we were first married. You know, like leaving sticky notes on bathroom mirrors with "I love yous" scrawled on them, or placing a single flower in a vase next to my bed (yes, he's a sweet man).

Anyway, I decided to leave a little love note for him constructed out of our son's dress-up beads on top of one of our play blankets. I left it there for my husband to discover (after E had gone to bed so there would be no disturbing of my "art"). I was so giddy I could barely contain myself. I had to take a picture just to calm myself down. My husband loved it and now I think we have the makings of a new tradition.

Have you left a love note for someone to find recently?





4 comments:

  1. Awww I love this. Reminds me of when my mom used to leave notes for me in my lunch box when I was little. I might need to do something similar for my poor sick boyfriend today to cheer him up. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a love note in a bottle with sand, shells, and a little palm tree for my hubby this past weekend. He loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Reeja, Hope your boyfriend feels better! Being sick is never fun.

    Hi Della, that is the sweetest sounding gift! I bet your husband loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Page Clothier/A Velvet LeafJune 14, 2011 at 7:26 PM

    Very romantic- new blog follower- you have the gift!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...