Solo Aqui: Missing Corners








The rooms are beginning to look a little sparse as we get closer to our move date. Yesterday, I had a pang of nostalgia for my shadowy and shady 1960's house we've been calling home. I wasn't supposed to get attached, and I didn't think that I had, well, at 4:30 PM yesterday,  as I was placing yet another book into a box (seriously, we still own too many!), it all hit me. Yep. We're leaving this lovely home, this lovely town, these lovely memories we have created on this street for the past 4 years.

In the last 4 years...
 We welcomed a precious little boy into our lives.
We bought a car
We traveled East to see  those we love
We lost a few that we love too
We nearly lost me  (see my story)
We enjoyed 4 family reunions
Celebrated 4 different jobs gained and lost
Made friendships that will last our lifetimes
Cooked delicious meals (and burned a few too)
Danced, cried, worried, laughed and lived these past 4 years fully.

In light of our impending transition, please expect this space to not be frequented as much for the next few weeks. I will do my best to pop in with a post here and there.  Please check back often, especially tomorrow, Thursday, when I will have the amazing Sarah from Desirous of Everything here with a fabulous guest post about one of her (and my) favorite authors.

Thank you for all your wonderful comments and support. It means the world to me. See you all again in this space from my...well, new space in October. Onward!

Take Care,
Julia





6 comments:

  1. I think that happens as you get ready to move- you start to remember all of the good stuff. We spent 5 years in the second floor apartment of a duplex in a very rural town, and a lot about that place drove me crazy. But then when we were getting ready to move it was like, oh, we're leaving? It's a weird feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true. The weirdest for me was when I moved out of my parents' house and went to college. I was SO READY to get out of there, but I cried and cried when the time came to actually leave. And as much as I dislike certain things about the condo I live in now with the Hubs, I'll be sad when we move into a house. It's the memories that get ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking of you all a lot! Good luck with the final "official" stuff and the big move!! While it is hard to leave the house that has been your family's home, you are moving to YOUR home, and you will make beautiful memories there as well!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you all so much for your sweetness. Giving me the strength needed to take that breath and leap. Here we go! Big cyber hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Moving is such a big deal! That feeling of closing the door to a now empty apartment one last time always makes me feel so strange. But the feeling of opening to door to a brand new one for the first time, makes up for it too! I can never sleep on the first night ina new place though- so good luck with that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck to you Julia! Moving can be such a hard thing...transition, change, etc. But, I bet you will LOVE your new place, and make tons of GOOD memories there. See you when you get back to blogging! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...