Thrifty Mama: New Old Sweater

 I have had this sweater for 2 years. For one of those 2  years it was sitting in my "to mend pile." Yes, I am sometimes that lazy. As I have been packing I have had to make those decisions of whether to keep something, throw it away, or give it away. I picked up this sweater and it was like meeting an old friend. How I love it's pure wool and strange pattern. Perfect for fall, right?

Well, with just a little handy work, I took some of my vintage lace from that haul I picked up a few weeks back, attached the lace to the collar, fixed a few buttons and viola, a brand new old (perfectly broken in) sweater. Can I just say, this sweater has gotten me more compliments in one day than I have received in a very long time. Even from strangers!


And since, mama was hiding her face with the camera, little man decided to hide his face too. However, I don't feel like hiding my face when I am out in this sweater!

Have you fixed up something old and made it new again too recently?

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! I am horrible with my "to mend" pile. I would be hiding my face, too- I hate photos of myself! (I've got a new packing printable up today!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute! I love that you added the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so worth neglecting that pile of laundry behind me in the second picture. It truly is my new all time favorite sweater. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the awesome comment! Your blog rocks! :)
    Have a wonderful day!
    Jamie
    lovelongtime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this picture with you and your son!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...