Vegetarian Sundays: Fresh Chilean Summer Salad


A few weeks back I mentioned I would share my super easy recipe for Chilean Summer Salad. Well, with summer almost gone I thought it was high time I share that recipe while the tomatoes are still tender and the onions sweet.

Ingredients:
1 LB Tomatoes (I like Heirloom Varieties)
1 Whole Yellow Onion
1 Cu Hot, Boiling Water
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
Salt to Taste




Peel your onion

 

 Slice your onion


 Place all of your onion in a bowl and cover with boiling hot water



Cover with a towel and let stand for 10-15 minutes. You are lightly blanching the onion so all of that onion-i-ness tones down, but you maintain the crispness.





Slice your tomatoes and place a large bowl


Drain your onions and rinse with cool water


Add onions to your tomatoes in the bowl


 Add  the olive oil and salt to taste


 Stir well until all ingredients are mixed. Place in the refrigerator until chilled. Serve as a side to tacos, rice and beans or any other deliciousness you can think of!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...