2012: A Year of Dreams

Source


I shared some of my blog goals in this space last year, and surprisingly I accomplished almost every goal on the list. I learned so much in my one year if blogging (regularly) that I think it deserves an entire post of its own.Something to look forward to in the next few weeks. This year, Since my mind has been so focused on "nesting" (not the expecting baby kind!) and settling into our new home,  most of my goals for 2012 are all about home life. Here are a few of the goals I hope to achieve in the new year:


Source


1.  Plant a garden. We are going to start small this year.Maybe with just an herb garden first. It's been a long-time dream of ours to create a garden that will supplement what we eat. Plus, it's just one more way to keep me, and  my "boys", outside.


Source

2. Paint. Paint walls, ceilings, siding, pictures...anything involving more exploration and expression through paint.

Source


3. Can...Preserve...Everything I can! With our new home we inherited a Naval Orange Tree and a Pomegranate tree. All I have been saying is, "Wouldn't be grand if I knew how to can and preserve better?" I said this so many times that my Christmas gifts from my husband included a canning thermometer and several other canning tools. I guess I have no choice with this goal, it's happening!


Source


4. Volunteer. This year I am challenging myself to give back to my community in the form of giving of the most valuable thing to me....my time. I  volunteer annually at one or two events, as well as  remain an active member of at least one non-profit group (hello PEO!), but this year I feel a deep need to provide some love in this new community I have moved into. Would love to hear suggestions of how to get started.

Source


5.Write. 12 has been my lucky number since I was a small, small girl, and the "luck" I always thought it brought me came in the form of good grades on papers, essays and public speaking presentations. So, I am hoping to honor that lucky number 12 and submit my writing to at least 12 new magazine, blog, e-zines, or newspaper publications. Here's hoping that at least 3 out of the 12 accept my work!

What are your goals for 2012?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, our pomegranate tree is what starting me canning! =) Good luck with your goals- I know you will be successful!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great! I wish I could plant a garden, too, but alas. No yard!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...