Garden to Table: Kale Chips Recipe




 Fresh and crisp from the garden we have plucked out first bushel of heirloom kale. We had so much of it left-over from dinner that we used the rest to make kale chips. Unfortunately, the chips were eaten so fast that I didn't have a chance to snap a photo. A sign that the snack was a delicious hit.

I was a bit intimidated at first by the idea of roasting a leafy green in my oven until it became "crispy." I thought for sure it would disintegrate into dust, or burn into a charcoal mess. To my surprise, neither occurred. Instead I was delighted with a lighter than air snack doused in salt and oil that I could proclaim was "healthy."

To make this tasty morsel for your mouth gather yourself some...
Fresh Kale
At least 4 tbls olive oil
Salt to taste

Wash, dry and remove the large stem from each shaft of kale. Chop the kale into the desired chip size (I just cut my leaves in half for a larger chip). Place the chopped kale into a mixing bowl and pour your olive oil and salt over the kale. Toss until the kale is well coated. transfer the kale onto a well greased baking sheet (I used vegetable oil to grease my pan). Place in the over at 400 Degrees Fahrenheit for 8-12 minutes (everyone's oven is so different. It took mine about 10 minutes). Remove the kale from the baking sheet onto a plate lined with either paper towels or clean flour sack cloths to absorb any extra oil. Let sit for a few minutes...then commence shoving the chips into your face without shame.

Do you have a favorite way to eat Kale? (seriously, I am going to have a ton of this stuff, so suggestions are most welcome).

***Giveaway*** Remember to enter the giveaway going on. You have until June 1st. See this POST for details.






1 comment:

  1. Ohmygosh, I loooooove kale. We do it blanched with pasta, mushrooms, onions, and a bit of roasted garlic. It's literally the easiest thing to make. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...